If you’ve been around the last few weeks, you probably seen me assemble a new desk, update the guest room pillows and do some DIY chalk paint experiments on a universe donated frame & thrift store chair.
This morning I shared the new quote on the chalk board, and now I’m back to share a zoomed out view of the room, so you can see all of the projects in action.
I think this portion of the room is done! (at least for now). Here’s close-up of the desk corner. I think it turned out well & is a nice place for me to work when my husband is home during the day. Oh and a place for guests to put down their things / work on their computer when they visit.
What other tweak would you make in the room?
I’ve been featured at and I’ve linked to these lovely blogs.
See below for a room source list:
- Geometric Curtain Sheers from Ikea (discontinued)
- Universe-donated frame in Blueberry Twist DIY Chalk Paint with Chalkboard contact paper over a cardboard insert.
- Fabric (found in Sierra Leone) over a 36″x36″ blank canvas.
- Thrift store wooden chair in Blueberry Twist DIY Chalk Paint, sealed with wipe on poly.
- Glass top desk from Walmart. The “I” is from Anthropologie (discontinued). Anteater from UC Irvine Bookstore. The blue pen organizer is from West Elm (apparently it’s a bathroom canister). The frame is from Target – similar to these from Z Gallerie, but in white. The lamp is a glass uplight that I inherited from my parents house at some stage. I have no idea where they got them, but I know we’ve had them for at least 5 years.
- The cushion covers are dual-sided DIY pillows. The front is Missoni Zig Zag in Yellow (at least that’s how my receipt described it) and the back is navy with large white dots.
- The small pillow is also a dual-sided DIY project. The front is white with large navy polka dots and the back is the same navy with large white dots as the big pillows.
- The yellow duvet cover is from Ikea a few years back (discontinued).
- The grey stripe duvet cover is a Target knock-off of the much-pinned West Elm one.
There’s still my childhood dresser in the corner that needs to be repainted or switched out for another piece of furniture. Ideally for something that will hide the inkjet printer. I have an idea for art on the wall next to the window. And there’s an idea brewing in the back of my head for the long wall across from the bed. Lastly, I want a fun rug in this room to work with all the bright colors I’ve introduced.
Where I link: